Friday, May 30, 2008

A Sudden Revelation In The Last Week Of May

~*26th May*~ Monday

Blog got really outdated, started updating it from the company paintball post. "Cheated" with the post dates...ngehhehe...If you realized from the company paintball post, I've reduced my posts to rather short sentences...Either I'm too lazy or I don't have enough time...*Sigh* Time Management Issue again...

Got 2 good news:
1. A customer who wants to sign up as a distributor & purchase a water treatment system (WTS for short)
and 2. I received my other half of me paycheck from UM...

Bad news of the day:
1. Forgot to bring my corporate parking card...had to pay rm11 for the parking..Ouch!

We had a midnight badminton game from 11pm-1am...it was fun, there were 7 of us...plus I got to try out my new badminton shoes & racquet! Nyahahhaha~!

~*27th May*~ Tuesday

After work, I stayed at a nearby cybercafe for awhile to wait for the traffic to die down...had to recce the location of my customers house. If you're wondering, "recce" is an English short term for reconnaissance...and it's pronounced as "reki" in the Malay language, baku style! Heh... I was surprised that many used the word but never knew the meaning...

Since I was at the cc, tried playing some of those free non-money-use online poker...found one in facebook...getting a hang of it...really fun...I can understand how addictive it can be...I have to be very careful to not to go overboard & actually gamble or neglecting other responsibilities just to play the game.

Well, found the place...tomorrow's the day me & me upline demo the WTS to the customer.

~*28th May*~ Wednesday

Sent a colleague at work to his house (he needed a ride & I needed some time to kill)...went to ss15 for dinner...did my budget for May...met me upline, and off we went to me customers house...

Unfortunately, we somehow couldn't install the darn thing to the water tap at the customers house...Weird thing is, my upline has been doing this for years, but this was the first time he couldn't install it to the water tap...Murphy's Law, don't you just love it when it happens? But I kinda suspected I knew why...I'll tell you about it later. Fortunately however, the customer was okay & understandable about it & still wanted to purchase it. We told her we'll be coming again with the new WTS that she purchased & try to install it the next day.

Me & me upline went to ss14 for a late supper...nasi ayam & reviewed what went wrong...

For some reason that night, I was restless & couldn't get myself to sleep.

~*29th May*~ Thursday

In the morning, me mum showed old pics of her & me customer (they were friends during TKC & during their studies at Oxford, back then...) I was really surprised seeing me mum pics...she was SURPRISINGLY beautiful BACK THEN...LOL... I told her that, but added with a hint of sarcasm into it...We laughed our asses off...ngahhaha...Its nice to see the "back-in-days" albums...Reminiscing what happen during those times...On the way to work, in me car, I was wondering how I would be when and if (That's a BIG "IF", mind you) my kids looked at me old pics in the future...hahah...got a call from an old friend, haven't seen him in a long while. He said he saw me driving just now and saw me smiling like a twit for no apparent reason & asked if I was okay...Haha XD

At night, we came back to the customer's house and we were able to install the WTS on her tap. There were slight glitches, but it was far less problematic than the previous day. Heh, I knew it. I knew why it happened yesterday and to me, it's fully understandable. The real cause of the problem? 

I didn't pray 5 times a day.

It was so simple. I asked for a lot of things during Haj, and one of them was to make me successful in whatever I do...I have been consistent in performing my religious obligations & I have come to realized now that I was doing very well at that time...But as time passed, I got careless & neglected my prayers. I've been neglecting it for so long...I think it's time for me to be more responsible and focus more on my religious obligations. Of course, not only for business purposes, but to reduce my sins that I have committed on Earth & be thankful for what God has given to me. The WTS incident simply reminded me what I prayed for during Haj. If there's time, I may write a post of my experience at Mecca & indulge you why it always take me more than 5 minutes of "doa" after every prayer... ^_^

~30th May*~ Friday

Simply did a 3 month budget review from the month I started working until now. It was surprising where most of my expenditures went...Can you guess? It's a no brainer...Yeah, FOOD!...Hehe...My bad...The only consistency was paying my bills and buying me cigarettes for the whole 3 months...In terms of enjoyment, I doubled the expenditure in May (must be the movies...oh, and me buying sports gear for badminton & swimming trunks...hehe) My food & oil was consistent except May, which increase by 100% (Figures, I got me UM paycheck & went overboard...LOL). Did me budget on a spreadsheet...Hopefully this will help me monitor & control me finances...

No comments: