Thursday, April 3, 2008

When Days Go By


Think it's been a week or so since my last post. I noticed I still post rather quite in detail about what I do each day. I'm trying to reduce it but once you've realised that everyday that there IS ALWAYS something interesting to do or see...It's hard to differentiate between the mundane and the interesting. Everything that I do or witness seems to be interesting to me...everyday... :) I think this blog will be some sort of a journal to me. It helps me a lot, things I've learned;improves my memory of remembering things ( nowadays, I tend to write down in this small silver colored diary/planner book ), think and speak in English (which in effect, improves my vocabulary), and started to realize that everyday IS ALWAYS different. It never will be the same as the previous day. There is always something different that you do however minuscule or minute it is and that's what it makes unique and special.
Well then, shall we begin? My last post was published on Sunday,23rd of March...( oh by the way, you do realize this is going to be a VERY LONG post right? well then, enjoy. Cheers~!)
~* 24th of March (Monday) *~
That day was my first day I woke up BEFORE me alarm clock went off. It was strange, I remembered sleeping quite late on the previous night but it felt surprisingly refreshing.
I had a some sort of "twiggie"-like bread food (you know, those small buns thing?) in the morning and lunch due to the fact I was broke at the time. Got a massive headache during the day. Probably due to lack of any nutrition or food.
But during dinnertime I had a marvelous "Tandoori" chicken me mum cooked. Fantastically delicious...After dinner, weirdly enough I had a sudden urge to play the piano again. It's been a long while since I touched it. The tune was a bit off, but I still played on it. Heh... when I played, I realized I'm rusty too...didn't finish a single song but I remembered a few of them. Bits and pieces of them...My all time favourite (which I'm very proud of myself that I still remember how to play) is "Right Here Waiting" by Richard Marx. Let's see what else I remembered; "Fur Elise" by Ludwig van Beethoven, "Valentine", the Titanic theme song, a piece from Final Fantasy 9 if I'm not mistaken, "I can go the distance" one of the Disney Hercules cartoon songs, and some other bits and pieces which I don't know their titles or who wrote them. Oh yes, I was a sucker for romantic songs at the time I played the piano. I think I played for an hour or two that night. Not sure why I wanted to play the piano though...nostalgia? I missed my piano days? I don't know...just wanted to play the darn thing...wonder if it's because...

~* 25th of March (Tuesday) *~
That day I woke up WITHOUT the alarm clock. Weee~ Now all I need is to wake up a bit earlier for me morning prayers...(I tend to miss that one quite often) Me mum got a shock though...some mornings, my alarm goes off, I'll close the damn thing with me eyes closed, went back to bed ( ooh yesterday, I was truly awake, waited for me alarm to go off and then went off to the showers), me mum would then unlock me door with the house keys and yells at me until I'm off the bed. But today I woke up right before she barged into my room. In fact, I was up when I heard she was rummaging through her keys. She opened the door, and I opened my eyes and said "I'm up". A moment of silence...then she said "oh ok" went about doing her business...I noticed the pride on her face as well as a hint of disappointment on her face (probably because she didn't had the chance to yell at me...hahaha)
You might be wondering...well, previously...I RARELY ever got up early in the morning ( Perhaps "rare" is too strong of a word...it's close to never actually. Guess this explains why I often miss me morning prayers, huh?) Since I started working, well...she sometimes occasionally checks up on me if I'm truly awake for me morning prayers as well as me going off to work on time.
So since I woke up early, logically I would arrive to work early right? Wrong. I went for breakfast at a "Mamak" shop nearby for "nasi lemak" and iced tea. I know I know...make a good impression at work right? But you see, my working place has this "flexi-hours" thing...if you come late, you go back late...simple as that...plus the early morning traffic is much worse than about an hour later. So...I usually come to office an hour late. Of course, I'll be back home an hour later as well. But that didn't bother me much.
I had a meeting at work at 5pm that day. It's about what the indoor and outdoor activities will be throughout the whole year. The indoor committee planned to organize an internal gathering on Friday (28th of March). As for me, I'm part of the outdoor committee and we're about to organize the paintball for April. The head of the outdoor committee somewhat gave praise to me "thorough" job of getting a list of possible paintball premises. Believe me when I said I was embarrassed, bloody red-faced embarrassed. Hahaha...but it felt good though...doing a task I was supposed to do and performed it very well. weee~!

~* 26th of March (Wednesday) *~
That day I was dead broke. Not a single penny to me name. Had to ask some money from me mum (I asked only for fuel money, didn't had the heart to ask her for more) I felt rather embarrassed that I still need to ask for her for some money. well, I AM working now right? Duly noted that it was my first paycheck and I had to pay off me debts(I'll get to this in a jiffy) and all that. AND people say the first few months you won't have any savings...but still...it didn't feel right. I thought to myself that me next paycheck I have to re-evaluate my budget better.
About me debts...well, for starters I took out a government loan for me diploma. But the money couldn't even pay for even ONE of my courses. Thank god I didn't took another one for me degree...Next, well...as you may have read in me previous posts...I was a part-time "demonstrator" or tutor at UM where me mother been working. It's been 3 or 4 months now and I STILL haven't got me paycheck for that. Well, I'm not blaming them...It's written on the paper that part-timers could only work a maximum of 7 hours a week. I took 8 hours. Its 2 hours for one class and I had four of them in a week. What? I should make one of class an hour only and the hour someone else takes over? I thought a meager hour wouldn't affect a lot...I wasn't greedy, but come on! There was no 1 hour part-time classes that I knew off so might as well maximize my time there right? So that may affect the payment...plus I heard there's a raise for government salary or something like that, so that could also take into account the delay of me paycheck.

Hope it WILL come though...that's all, better late than never, I say. Well, since I didn't have "diddly" squat for a couple of months and as they say money don't grow on trees...I had to borrow some money...So, I'm now in debt. Not much, but still quite substantial for a fresh grad. :)
Back to the story...It was in the evening as I was on my way back home from the office. Stuck somewhere in the middle of countless numbers of cars...there I was, minding my own curses and hand signals in hopes that it will somehow speed up traffic...I got a call from me mum...She says she and me sis are going off to a funeral. Wants me to come along so we can have dinner together. Due remember that I'm broke, I asked only for fuel money, didn't eat breakfast and lunch...So, of course I would join them right?
Conveniently, they were heading the opposite direction. I was at the point of no return...seriously, there's no way in hell I could turn around and face the SAME traffic jam again plus some more countless number of traffic jams I would face during my journey to meet up with me family WITH the amount of fuel I pumped into me car. The fuel warning bulb light was already lit on BEFORE I drove the damn car out of the parking lot. (I asked for fuel money for a single trip's worth for coming back home, I had enough fuel for the trip going to the office. Tomorrow's fuel problem is another day's problem...hahaha...that's how I thought at the time)
I told me mum I don't think I could make it that far and ask her and me sis to go on without me. I'll find a way to get me dinner. So how does a guy who's broke to the core, find his food? Drum roll please...(Oh, I don't know how to cook in case you were wondering...) I asked me girlfriend out for dinner. Full sponsorship. Nothing fancy of course, with me broke and her still looking for a job...It was an inexpensive chatty dinner. Hehe...what a gal...what a gal, indeed. Thanx hun for the lovely dinner with me.
Sent her home and when I got back, me mum and sis was already back from the funeral. Turns out they didn't manage to go either...the guide to the funeral was unwell, so they hang out with mum's Liverpool friends at a shopping complex. She asked me about me dinner and asked why I didn't ask for more money from her...obviously, duh~! ( But I didn't say anything at that time) She gave some money for me to last a day or two...( Bless her ) Towards midnight me sis called me to watch the TV. Can't remember what channel though...MTV or channel v...Richard Marx was on, singing "Right Here Waiting". I got nostalgic after hearing it, went down stairs and played it on the piano over and over again. Yeah, I know. I'm asking the same question too...What the hell is going on with me? Weird...
I do love that song actually. Can't remember why I love it but I do remember the time I asked my piano teacher to teach me that song...She said its way to advance for me or something like that...But that didn't stop me though...She later taught me because of my cute puppy eyes act...or probably my constant bickering every 5 seconds to ask her to teach it to me...I think that was the first time I learned that when you're interested in something, you'll go all out to do it. No matter how hard it was...Damn shame that I now only remember how to play the introduction of the song...But it was a good lesson indeed.

~* 27th of March (Thursday) *~
Supposed to finish me training on this day. But for the life of me, I couldn't figure out this one single problem...damn...Received a sms from Digi about a promotion to buy a hand phone at reduced price if I have 3000 bonus points somewhere at a shopping complex for tomorrow (28th of March). I was confused at that point. You see, few days back I went to the Digi website to redeem a hand phone for 3000 bonus points. Once I clicked redeem, it says I have to wait for a call or a sms to know of when I will receive the hand phone. So I thought today's sms was it, but the website didn't mentioned anything about going somewhere to go get it. It says first come first serve basis since there's only 10 hand phones in stock. Thought of taking leave tomorrow to be the first in line for that damn phone...
I had dinner alone that night. There was supposed to be me mum's Liverpool gang reunion but it was cancelled. But me mum and sis went to meet some of her gang somewhere. As usual, I couldn't make it...same reason as the previous day, except not so much on the money issue...it's just the traffic jam is what I'm not willing to go through,that's all...After dinner, I wandered around a bit...actually looking for an ATM machine...an ATM machine that can withdraw some cash, I mean...I had to ask some extra cash from dad. At first I didn't want to, but that was before I later realised I overshot my budget...Big Time...Damn...Got to get my budget straight and fast!
Went back home, checked out the website...chatted with Digi Representatives...and turns out that the sms promotion is a different promotion. Too bad...I wanted to take leave tomorrow. Never took leave before...thought it would be my first :) Oh well...another day then.
This whole day was about that promotion thingy...hahaha...Guess I wanted that phone really bad. Never had gotten a new hand phone from promotions or for any other reason than my old hand phone being close to death or went missing...

~* 28th of March (Friday) *~
This day I realized I had a thing for quotes...motivational quotes...I got it mostly from thinkexist.com. There are a lot of quotes that I like but the one that hit me that day is:

“One day your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure its worth watching.”

Probably because I saw pictures of some of my friends who were at overseas. They're doing new things that I've never seen them doing before and I envy them. The experience of something new...how sweet would it taste and how would it feel when you watch it again when your life flash before your eyes?

That evening, I went to one of me KDU friends to pass some stuff. Boy, was that a big mistake. His house is not that far from where I work. So it won't actually make any difference of how late I would get home...turns out it took me two full hours just to reach my house. One of the worse traffic jams I was ever in. But it wasn't that painful for me, I entertained myself with me radio. Hahaha...I was literally dancing in me damn car...ALONE! I know I got some looks from the other cars, but like I was give a rat's ass about it lah... Why? Because I'm bored, I don't want to make a sour face for god knows how long and I don't want to have a bad mood for something I didn't do or which is utterly out of my control...so there! Look at me! I'm dancing stupidly in me car, you pricks! Call me crazy...But at least I'm enjoying it! Not like you! Bitching, whining and complaining~! Boohoo~!

My apologies...Just needed to release some steam there...

~* 29th of March (Saturday) *~
Supposed to go somewhere in the morning...but it was cancelled. Sent an sms to me girlfriend but she didn't replied. I remembered her saying she may or may not go back to her hometown...she didn't reply...So I assume she went back...bummer. So I went out around 3 in the evening to meet up some KDU friends at Damansara, just meeting up to know what each of us have been doing. Then we went and played games in the cybercafe nearby. Another friend came by and joined us. He asked us to help him out to move some stuff to his new condo. We car-pooled into two cars and went off.
We went his new condo, help him move some stuff, send to a place to eat near my housing area. I went back home for awhile for dinner and a shower, came back and hang out with them for awhile. Then we went back to Damansara, for them to get their cars back. On the way, picked up one of me friends. Send them to their cars, me and me buddy went off to this new cybercafe I found when I was wandering about. Played there for about half an hour when another friend of me called and asked to hang out in ss15 Subang Jaya. So we off we go, hang out there for awhile and we head back to send of me buddy home. Again, along the way, another buddy of mine called and ask to hang out at "Mamak", also near my housing area. Send me buddy off then onwards to the next "lepak" pitstop. We talked stuff...some stuff...met a friend who I haven't seen in ages. They reminiscence of what we did in the past...mainly my embarrassing moments...damn...hahahaha...We hang out until 2 or 3 in the morning. Then off we go to bed...at our respective houses, of course.

Bloody lot of "lepak"-ing that day...Ooh, "lepak" is a term for hanging out in our language...for those who don't know...I don't know why I bother explaining...So don't ask me why...


~* 30th of March (Sunday) *~

In the morning, me mum, sis and me went back to mum's hometown (well, sort of...the original hometown was somewhere else. But one fine day, a lightning strike hit the house and it got burned to the ground...now the grandparents often stays in of their children's houses (i.e. mine, my aunt and all that)),visiting our grandma. We were there for awhile. The other cousins came along...Had a great war with me smaller cousins...3 kids versus me alone. Usually, I adore kids...but with 3 naughty kids biting, shouting, pulling me hair off and all that...makes me think thrice about having my own kids...hahahaha...Then granny wanted to stay with us, so we brought her and her maid back to our place. I went for me monthly haircut, got a great barber who gave a neck massage after he finished with me hair. Then he twisted me neck...you know, the satisfying crack or pop sound from your neck when you twist your neck? Oh yeah, that one...it felt REALLY good...hehehe
Afterwards, me and the family went to "The Summit" shopping complex to watch the "Horton Hears a Who!". Very entertaining...It was a bit embarrassing though...we were the ones laughing our asses off! hahaha...
At night, had a friend of mine invited me for a "lepak"-ing session. So I did...until around midnight and had to go off to sleep because the next day is a working day...

Damn, how weekends go so fast...hahahahha...sigh...

~* 31st of March (Monday) *~
Woke up quite late...no surprise there, because of last night's endeavour.
My girl was a bit down today for reasons that I could not explain here (Just check her blog...haahaha...oh wait, I don't think she wrote why...oh well...) so I thought I would surprised her with a gift. I bought her a box of "cuppacakes", she loves it so that's why I bought it for her. check it out, its on http://ilovecuppacakes.com/. My original plan was to drive her to her house, call her out and voila! Surprise! As I was scheming for a better plan, she called and asked to go out with her...All plans went down the drain...Awww crap...Oh well...Went back home, had dinner and a shower and off I went to go get her. I hid the cuppacakes box well out of sight...she came in the car and thankfully she didn't noticed the box. Phew!
Then we went somewhere to hang out. Parked the car, she went out first and started walking towards the shop. I quickly took the box, got out the car and casually walked beside her. She didn't notice at first ...and then she saw it. Hehehe...and her expression was...priceless! We ate one each (there's 6 cupcakes in the box)...I know I know, it's a gift for her and why am I eating right? But she insisted me on eating one! Don't blame me! Afterwards we picked up my sis from her Kumon tuition. (Kumon is really good, believe me...I know, I was once a student there...It helped a lot in my maths...I usually failed my maths, but with Kumon, I improved! Worked part-time there as tutor/marker when I was a college student too...) send me sis home then me and me gurl go somewhere and talk stuff :) Stumbled upon a friend on the road...he wanted to hang out but I declined. I wanted to spend time with my girl. :)

A day especially dedicated to you, girl. Love you!

~* 1st of April (Tuesday) *~
At work, I clicked on a button that says that I finished my task, but in fact I still haven't solve that one single problem. Now I can't create a time sheet for the work I've done for this and the next...damn..have to complete it quickly...
Some friend of mine tried to pull an April Fool's joke on me. It didn't work...hahaha...Eat that bitch! Another friend showed me google's April Fool's Joke...It was this day I wanted to start a group (Not sure whether I should create Yahoo! Groups, Google Groups or MSN Groups) for me and me friends as a place where we can set up a date for our paintball game or for any activities for that matter. Still haven't decided on it yet. I surfed quite a lot of places on this day...I looked up on the top 50 coolest websites 2007 on www.time.com...there are some really cool sites out there :)
Finished watching the whole futurama season 1-5 until late at night. Not in one night, of course. Been watching since Friday 28th.

Web Surfing day...hahhaha

~* 2nd of April (Wednesday) *~

The day I noticed I've been neglecting me blog and started drafting a post...Didn't managed to complete it though...at night I was too damn lazy to continue typing...hahaha...Actually I had a weird feeling that night...Couldn't shake it off...It was something wonderful and bad at the same time...It was always different, but it has a single theme to it...It disturbed me the whole night...

Should I or should I not? Or should I simply ignore the feeling?

~* 3rd of April (Thursday - Today) *~
Woke up pretty darn early today. Went off to a petrol station nearby so I can pay my internet bills. Alas, it opens at 8.30...so I wandered around till then. As I walked, I found myself at me old playground where I used to play when I was a kid.(The petrol station is in my housing area, the playground is just behind it) It brings back memories...As a kid, I used to play there often...played rollerblades with my neighbour, played rugby with my friends against our seniors ( we were in around primary school or lower and our seniors were high school students...hahaha...that was some fun...imagine seeing 4-5 kids trying to take down a single guy...), played badminton, and all that stuff...But what I remember most was the day I fell and broke (well fractured actually) my elbow...
You know those monkey bars? I was monkey-ing around, you see...And there I saw a single bar way up high. I thought to my self, Woah, that looks like a nice place to "hang" out. (I was in primary school back then mind you... and no, I couldn't remember what I thought at the time...I got short-term memory... if you don't believe me, my schoolmates would testify for that claim...Anyways, I "thought" something between those lines) So I jumped to that single monkey bar...and I was just...hanging there right? Then it occured to me, How the hell am I supposed to get down? So, I thought I could do something like I saw in the cartoons...you know, the jump of a bar and sommersault before landing thing? So I gave myself some momentum by swinging...and here goes! Weeee~!
I saw the blue sky...It was beautiful...then I was asked myself, How come I'm not somersaulting? Then WHAM! Land flat on my back on the cement floor...(You see, the recreational play "thingy" was built in the park right? Grass? But the monkey bars, slides and all that was on cement flooring...isn't better to built those damn things on the grass?) So I got up, bewildered why I didn't sommersault automatically...My back hurts like hell...but then a numbing pain came over my left elbow...(When I fell, my elbow joint somewhat hit directly on the cement floor...I didn't know it back then but my elbow joint was fratured) Then it started to hurt like hell...I couldn't strech my arm straight or bent my arm...it had to stay somewhere in between...I got worried...ran back home...Then a dog chased me...Scared shitless I ran aimlessly to lose the dog...When I managed to escape from the dog...I was lost (didn't had a good sense of direction back then) but I was still in my neighbourhood. My left elbow hurt like hell, just got scared by a chasing dog, breathless from running for my life, on top of that I was lost...what else was for me to do but cry?
I cried and cried...until a maid noticed me crying...(I was crying in front of someone's house...sitting at the sidewalk...breathless after the chase) she asked what happened...I told her I was chased by a dog and gotten myself lost. Then she noticed my arm, it was bruised or red or swollen or something like that and she asked what happened to my arm...I told her...Then she took my good arm and told me where I lived and she'll bring me back home. I don't know my home address at the time ( I know I know...but truly...at the time, I was quite blur about everything...I didn't understand money, or how important it is to remember my home address, or why we shouldn't trust strangers or ANYTHING for that matter) I told her landmarks that I knew...and she instantly brought me there...I recognized my home and pointed to her...Now this part was a bit blurry for me but all I remember was my mum bringing me to a private hospital, saw another kid who had a fracture on his right wrist, and next thing I remember was wearing a full arm casket to school.
I can't remember the face or the name of that kind maid...I can't even remember if I thanked her...Thank you whoever you are...Parents and tv says that you shouldn't talk to strangers...You're one stranger I would like to meet again :) Those were the times when there was almost no crime at all. ( or at least that I know of, but then again...I didn't know much about the world at the time) I assumed she was a maid probably because she was talking in some sort of bizzare alien language similar to how our maid talks in the me house...( I was a kid back then remember? How the hell did I know there was so many other languages?)

Those were the days...

At work, I FINALLY solved (well, my mentor did) that stupid problem I was working on ...also I applied leave for 11th April...and it was approved! WOohooo!!! I'll tell all about it on the 11th... hopefully, it happens :)

Oh, I'm supposed to do my last months "financial review" and prepare a better budget plan for this month...sigh...been postponing it for awhile. I'll probably do it tonight.

Phew! Wow...This IS long...hahaha hope you enjoyed reading it...I know it's a "tad" bit on the detailed side...but hey, I'm making it up for the one week I didn't published anything...how's that? (Remind me never to do a stunt like this again...)

Cheers~!

No comments: