Thursday, April 24, 2008

Surprising Sadness

I was surprised when I received an sms from a cousin on dad's side last night...Asked if I'm going back to see grandpa...I haven't been in touch with any of them from me dad's side...Haven't talk,met,call or even sms...I'm not sure how long, but I think it's been that way for several years now...I know, what a jerk eh? Reason why? Me parents broke up several years ago see...If I'm not mistaken it was somewhere during my SPM ( a month or a week before it...I can't remember...) The two families relationship was strained...yada yada yada...make long story short...Haven't contacted dad's side of the family (except me dad) since...My bad...

I know I won't be able to follow if it's this Saturday...But I need to fix the car; the flat tyre (see previous post), it's time for the usual maintenance, radio display is gone AND the meters seems to be tuck...the car seems to be falling apart...Thank god the paycheck came at the right moment!

Although I'm not going with me cousin, but it got me thinking...Should I go and visit? It's been so long...I BELIEVE that if I did visit its with a "I'm here to visit" attitude, not the concerned "Are-you-okay" visit...you know what I mean? It's not that I can't to show any empathy...Me dad's grandparents were really nice to me...But ever since the divorce...I would be lying if I say I didn't feel anything...It was devastating to me, but worse to me sis...she was only 8 or 9 years old back then...To me, she was in a really bad state back then...But thankfully she seems to be handling it rather well over the years...She'll get back to her beautiful cheery self back if she wants to...I know she can :)

Anyways, back to the divorce thingy... you know there's always two sides of a story right? It was two whole ENTIRELY different stories...I got really really confused back then...plus during court, you had to choose sides between your parents...I think, that is the most toughest damnable thing a child could ever decide upon.

I was really upset at the time, but as upset as I was, I was more concerned for my sis...she had to go through all that at a VERY VERY young age.

But I'm proud and happy to say she grows stronger and stronger with each passing day... :) She'll grow stronger and happier soon enough. Perhaps the damage or wound is still there, but she will overcome or accept it soon enough. She'll be tough as mum. Gotta hand it to me mum though, she really is one tough lass...

I have no qualms at my dad about the divorce or him being married to someone else (he is, and I got two half-brothers as well, hehehe) ...Whatever he do is his business, all I know is he is still my dad...I respect him for being my dad. That's all. No strings attached. About visiting my grandfather? I'm still not sure...What do you think? He's in Muar, Johor.

No comments: