Sunday, April 20, 2008

Building a civilization in me room...Geek Mode!

~*20th April*~
I was bored like hell...messaged anyone if they got anything to do...none...most have stuff to do...so I just locked meself in me room the whole day. I didn't want to watch or read...I wanted to do SOMETHING...I ended up playing Sid Meier's Civilization III game on the lappy the whole day...hahaha...But seriously that game is REALLY addictive...just...one...more...turn...

Those who are familiar with the game, I played as the Persians...That day alone I played from stone ages until the beginning of World War II era...LOL...

WARNING! Geek mode activated! Below are details of how the game went...with a bit of role-playing...so if you're not interested, might as well stop here. But if you're just curious...carry on...but at you're own risk...don't say I didn't warn you :)

Those who are familiar with the game, I played as the Persians, Warlord difficulty (in between easy & medium, I think...) and used the Earth map scenario. You usually play the game with random generated maps, but I prefer to play on the world map, probably because I'm familiar with the geography. Sadly, the starting points are always random...I hoped that the game would allow to place the civilizations to their appropriate spots in the real world...Oh well...

The world map was not that accurate, but hey...its just a game...I started out somewhere in France...I build my settlements along France,Belgium,Denmark, Poland and all the way to some part of west Russia...Quite small in game terms...Couldn't get any further; From the North, the Japanese civilization is started somewhere in Norway, then Sweden, Finland and started to pour out to Russia. From the East, its Aztecs territory...From the South East of Russia and all the way to Italy. And from the South, China took the upper half of Africa as well as Portugal and Spain. The Greeks took the lower half of Africa as well as Madagascar.

Later on, the Germans started to show their faces by establishing a settlement in England and the Japs took Ireland.

Here's the map as reference.

At first, I was among the lowest ranking civilization. Small nation with a small army just to protect my cities...but later on I was technologically superior...I built most of the Wonders (great bonuses to the civilization who built it first thingy). I was constantly bombarded with demands (yes, demands not mutual trade) for technology, probably because of my weak military forces. But thankfully I was able to propose counter-offers which was slightly beneficial to them...hehehhe

And at one point, the British Empire demanded me something rather outrageous that I immediately refused, instead of my usual self to offer a counter-proposal...They got mighty pissed off and the relation between the Persian and Britain were strained. Other than that, no war...Thank god...I was prepared for it...

Furthermore, the British Empire took control of Australia. Pretty far if they wanted to do anything bad to me...Or so I thought...

Years later ( In gaming terms, a few turns later), a fleet of galley ships (transport ships) waving the British flag came to view from the North Atlantic Ocean...Almost all of my major cities were defended by riflemen equipped with muskets. Only a few cities were not protected, so I immediately called for immediate production of military forces to fortify those cities...Just in case they land...They did...

The Brits invaded on Persian soil. I contacted Queen Elizabeth to formally ask to remove her royal majesty's army from MY borders...She replied as matter of fact (with her nose stuck high in the air) , " Oh really? I didn't notice. All right, I'll move my forces out of your territory" she says...Conveniently, her transport ships left before her royal majestic forces could board ship. So they had to walk THROUGH MY cities in order to reach the border. On the way towards the southern border, there's a city along the way which is unguarded...and by the looks of the Brits army, its heading towards it! I quickly mobilize the newly produce unit to the unguarded city and fortify their positions before the Brits could come any closer. There were right in front of the city gates before my forces arrived to fortify their position in the city. The Brits army stopped dead in their tracks not even to move towards the edge of my borders. I contacted Queen Elizabeth and present an ultimatum; Remove your forces immediately or prepare for WAR!

She chose the latter and immediately ordered an assault on my city. The timely arrived riflemen responded in kind, by firing their muskets towards the invaders! Eat powdered lead, you pompous bastards!! The defenders were outnumbered by 2 to 1, but they managed to repel the invaders. Why?

With superior technology! The British invading army consists of spearmen & pikemen...Hah! That's what you get for underestimating the Persian Empire! (Actually, I changed my government to Republic...hahaha) The Brits invasion party was obliterated.

In order to avoid any further incursions, I started to form the Persian Navy with Battleships (hehe...I was really advanced), took control of the Baltic Sea the Skagerrak, North Sea and the Celtic Sea, but China took control of Bay of Biscay...too close for my taste, but I had to accept it. China is the biggest nation so far...Enormous army...although low tech (cavalry, spearman, archers..that sort), but STILL enormous...quite advanced in terms of military units from other civilizations...Aztecs too.

Years went by without any major incidents till the discovery of machine guns & tanks...I stopped playing here because its already late and I have to go to work the next day! To be continued!

I know I should play civilization 4 but I don't have the game...plus I'm not sure if me PC or lappy can meet its requirements...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Whats up with the Queen?

seriously: "Oh i didnt NOTICE."
Wtf

you really had nothing else to do right, n just had to come against a war that was partially ridiculous.

I didnt know England had such a BimBo Queen till Now ;)

f3r0^NoX said...

It was between those lines...Can't remember EXACTLY...What am I? Mister-I-can-remember-every-single-detail?

Anyways...yeah, I did got bored...I wanted to write a story...was playing...so I figured...what the heck?

Thanx for commenting though...