Saturday, June 21, 2008

English Cuppacake Poker

(Saturday)
~*21/06/08*~

Me good old pal came back from England today…Love the bugger for his unique sense of humor & having a go at him with a friendly round of expletives! LOL...Invited him out with me girlfriend to order cuppacakes for me & me girlfriend’s 8th anniversary on the 28th of July. Girlfriend brought her cuzzie along, and it was a blast! Though, 2 unfortunate events did occur:

  1. I thought me pal got back yesterday, but in fact he got back today! So he was very tired due to the jet lag…Had to send him back home after the cuppacake order. Did manage to catch up on old times and an exchange of a couple of friendly banter… weee!

  2. We weren’t be able to get the cakes on our anniversary date, but we will be able to get it on the 26th…close enough! We’ll make some plans on where we’re gonna go on that day…


After sending me buddy off, my urge to purchase a poker set was really REALLY unbearable…so I decided to go to KLCC to go and buy ‘em. Invited me girlfriend and her cuzzie along…Below is the pic of the poker set that I bought at The Rooms Outlet.

It’s a 500 composite chip set with no denominations. It makes it easier for me to decide the value of each colored chips sets. Each color set has 100 chips. Due note it can also be used for other games like D&D (dungeons & dragons) where it can be used as currency OR used as status tokens (red for bloodied, blue for passive benefits, etc)

Quality was not that good…considered one of the lowest qualities if I’m not mistaken…but hey, I just wanna play for fun! With the chips, it makes it look authentic! Ngehehhehe…but of course, I’m playing it for fun…no real actual money will ever be involved. I did have worried looks from me girlfriend, her cuz and from me mum afterwards…Worried that I might get addicted and start to really play for money. A valid concern, but I believe I’m strong enough to fight off THAT urge…Guess no one can actually understand the feelings of a guy who loves to play games for the sake of having fun.

Here’s my reasons of buying it:

  1. a simple game with an easy setup. You only need the poker set & nothing else. No need to buy any more expansion sets or different versions of the game (I’m sick and tired of keeping up to date for me PC’s or me D&D miniature sets where you need to keep putting money into it to keep the darn thing up to date)

  2. Great replayability value

  3. No technology or upgrades needed

  4. Can be used for me D&D purposes

No comments: