Sunday, October 19, 2008

Small Open House

Sunday
~*19/10/08*~

Went for aerobics (It's been awhile...hey, I've been fasting ok?). Then head over to the family's second rental apartment. It was in need of a new makeover before the new tenants arrived.

When we came back, we (including myself) spent 3 hours in the kitchen preparing for our small open house event. I just invited a few, just to meet up with them and see what have they been doing. I did the fries and the chicken (to my friends including my girlfriend, this is kinda of a shock...since I never actually learn how to cook) The fries weren't that fantastic, but I was proud with the chickens though :D

Anyways, after the 3 hour preparation...friends started pouring in...well...I invited a few, less than 20 actually...You can say I invited the "raya regulars" so to speak...hehehe...I know I know...I should've invited him and her and them and etc...but it's just me, me mum & me sis...previously we had a helper, but with one pair of hands short, it's kinda tough. Okay wait...that was a really lame excuse...since previously I rarely help during open house...We're not actually in the mood to do an open house...with granny passed away & all...This year's Raya wasn't that festive for me & me family. So to those not invited, my apologies...I promise, next time...you'll be invited ;)

So I guess you're wondering why did we have an open house? It was me friend's idea...hehe...he wanted to come over with the "raya regulars" and talk about how is everyone like the old times you know? And I thought to myself...why not? I really would love to know how is everyone...

As it turns out, the "raya regulars" (plus minus a few) came over...we chatted quite awhile and it was really refreshing. I got to know what they've been up to...what they're planning to do...have they met or keep in contact with the others...anyone else gotten married...

At first, I got me ear blown off when I forgot to invite another over...sorry Ili...hehehe...then they had their take on our cooking...(Don't worry, I told them where the toilets were in case my cooking disagreed with them :P) After they had their fill, we had our chat session...

Then our dear family friends showed up and it got a bit more festive :) with everyone hogging over me mum's delicious cookies...( oh...that's the other ulterior motive why my friend wanted me to open house...lol )

Hopefully next time I'd be able to invite more to come over and have a more festive and cheerful raya celebration...


No comments: